Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Travel and Ground Transport
(Orlando, Florida - FL, USA)
Orlando International Airport (MCO) offers travelers a wide range of ground transportation options to suit every passengers' needs.
Serving Orlando and the surrounding area, these transportation facilities include public buses, shuttle buses, car rentals, upmarket limousine and taxi cab services.
Orlando International Airport (MCO) is served by many regular public buses, operated by the Lynx Bus Service. They travel from the terminal buildings right into the city - a journey which takes around 40 minutes, and to other nearby towns in Florida, such as Kissimmee. Buses at Orlando Airport run daily every 30 to 60 minutes and are an inexpensive and useful way to travel into the city and to the Walt Disney World theme park. Some hotels also offer a door-to-door courtesy shuttle bus services for their guests, traveling directly to the hotel.
Shuttle buses are available and connect hotels in around 100 out-of-town destinations, departing from outside the main terminal building on level 1. The shuttle bus companies that operate from Orlando International Airport include:
- Able Transportation - +1 800 400 7183
- B and K Transportation - +1 888 298 1136
- Busy Traveler - +1 800 496 7433
- Cocoa Beach Shuttle - +1 800 633 0427
- CWS Tours and Shuttle - +1 407 448 3969
- DOTS - +1 800 231 1965
- Daytona Shuttle Service - +1 800 882 1127
- Family One Transportation - +1 877 851 7871
- Lake Limo - +1 800 448 2808
- Lake County Shuttle - +1 800 482 0701
- Mears - +1 407 423 5566
- Murray Hill Transportation - +1 407 658 2284
- OC Boston - +1 800 633 4807
- Polk Airport Transit - +1 941 967 6293
- Saul's Airport Services - +1 407 312 1244
- Tran Star - +1 407 856 7777
Taxis are based on both sides of the main terminal building, on level 1. They provide a convenient and easy way to travel into nearby Orlando city and other destinations. The journey into central Orlando will take around 25 minutes, depending on traffic. Official MCO airport taxi cabs should be used at all times to ensure safety and also to avoid being overcharged.
The taxi meters start at a basic fare, but additional charges are usually made for luggage, late-night driving and travel on public holidays in Florida, so it can prove useful to ask the taxi driver about these before leaving. Some cabs are happy to accept credit cards, although tend to prefer payment in cash. Taxis include Ace Metro / Luxury Taxi Cabs, the Diamond Taxi Cab Company, Star Taxis, the Town and Country Transportation and Yellow Taxi Cabs.